Job Title: Technical Support Analyst
Requisition Number: 18001289
Location(s): Richmond Hill, ON
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
Our support organization is focused on customer satisfaction and comprised of highly skilled and highly self-motivated analysts. This position will be focused on case management and resolution for the automotive manufacturing industry located primarily in the Americas, and expanding globally. Candidates will be required to respond to customer calls and web portal cases, diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues, and delivering timely responses with effective and error-free resolutions in a professional manner. This includes following cases through to satisfactory closure and documenting all activity in detail using Epicor’s service platform. Tasks will focus on performing iSeries/AS400 Technical Support and operations in a Virtual iSeries environment (LPAR) in a wide range of customers worldwide.
- Engagement with CMS Software Support Teams and other departments to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, and implement fixes/projects.
- Promptly answering incoming support calls and Web Tickets from CMS Customers.
- Independently analyze, diagnose, troubleshoot and correct problems reported by customers and offer error-free resolutions.
- Enter complete reports on customer cases relating to problems and issues into the Support service platform, including all relevant information necessary to resolve and close the case in a timely manner.
- Perform follow up calls to CMS customers after a case has been successfully resolved and closed, to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Consistently deliver timely responses to customer calls, internal calls and email messages following the CMS support service level targets.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of the following platforms & functions: OS400, PTFs, Communications and Networking, Backups, Security, and HMC.
- Perform Remote Technical Support, Systems Management and Operations on IBM iSeries environment (iSeries HW & OS, ATL, Consoles, Backups, Printers) to meet all service level agreements.
- Work on multiple projects with minimal supervision and within multiple time constraints
- Perform ongoing self-education of CMS products, services and technical updates to maintain and improve job knowledge and proficiency.
- Provide support to other team members as required to help expedite a resolution
- Exchange Knowledge with colleagues through means such as formal training and peer-to-peer interaction
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Prepare project/timelines for project reviews with leadership.
- Prepare and provide project updates in a variety of formats (written, verbal, presentation).
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation pertaining to system design and architecture.
- Utilize CL programming skills for automation.
- Work on automation opportunities, process improvements, and manual task elimination and documentation of issues.
- College Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field
- 8+ years’ experience operating in and IBM iSeries/AS400 environment
- 8+ years of iSeries or AS400 experience mandatory
- Required experience maintaining infrastructure through patching and troubleshooting for IBM OS Upgrade , Migration, PTFs mandatory
- Performing iSeries/AS400 Technical Support & Operations in a Virtual iSeries environment (LPAR) required
- Knowledge of iSeries LAN Console / Ops Navigator / HMC required
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP, network sharing, DDM, HTTP, VPN, routing, switching, DNS, and digital certificates required
- CL Programming skills for automation
- Hands-on experience working within an enterprise wide datacenter environment is desired
- Backup setup, test document and implement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and strong people skills
- Ability to be organized, handle multiple projects and prioritize tasks as directed
- Ability to take responsibility and work under minimal supervision
- Possess sense of urgency and have ability to react quickly and appropriately to high pressure/high impact situations and determine the best solution
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to maintain excellent customer service, internal and external
- Excellent ability to collaborate with other teams and staying focused on assigned management objectives
- Will be required to work occasionally during non-business hours at nights and or weekends as required to support customers’ projects.
- Willingness to work on statutory holidays. There are occasions when Canadian holidays do not coincide with customers in the United States and the company requests volunteers from their Support Specialists, on a rotating basis, to work through some statutory holidays.
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.