Job Title: Project Manager (EDI)
Location(s): Solon, OH
Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
About the Role:
The EDI Consultant is the main point of contact for client’s onboarding or support and is responsible for providing functional and technical EDI consulting services for implementation projects. The EDI Consultant is responsible for project and/or problem analysis and for identification, implementation, testing, deployment and documentation of the client and their trading partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Interact with new or existing clients and trading partners to capture and analyze requirements, mapping specifications, project objectives and on-boarding activities through go-live;
- Gather assigned clients’ data, execute implementation guidelines and requirements within the allocated timeframe, while providing appropriate status updates to the client(s);
- Develop and setup project plans, while maintain project documentation and providing time/effort estimates throughout implementation;
- Setup communications for EDI transmissions – including but not limited to: AS2, FTP and VAN setups;
- Mapping documents to and from various formats including but not limited to ANSI X12, XML, and flat file layouts utilizing ODBC connectivity;
- Provide on-going training and technical support to clients, while evaluating impact and analysis for future improvements;
- Troubleshoot and coordinate efficient resolutions and evaluation to errors and issues found internally, or by the client;
- Effectively build on current support and services by enhancing the performance of the client services organization;
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned, or when current responsibilities are changed with or without notice.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Strong, clear and professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to write technical and operational process documentation, as needed
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction, collaboration and self-learning
- Excellent multi-tasking skills requires to carry out multiple client projects at one time
- Highly collaborative approach with team members, management, and colleagues; must be an active and participative team member committed to the success of the entire team and not just individual goals
- Uses analytical and effective problem solving and decision making to reach an appropriate resolution
- Excellent interpersonal skills in one-on-one situations and groups with all levels of both the internal and customer organizations
- Operational Excellence: Consistently execute on projects, tasks, and other deliverables in an efficient manner; remove, reduce, or effectively navigate processes to prevent unnecessary delays; continuously focus on improving business processes; use data and facts to guide decision making.
- Strategic Thinking: demonstrate awareness of the impact of own work on aspects of the Company's strategy and the impact of the Company's strategy on own work; identifies implications of own analysis.
- Change Leadership/Agility: Adapt appropriately to changing conditions; seek innovative ways to change and improve; provide consistent and calm leadership during times of turbulent or unexpected change; help team members understand perspective and reason changes are necessary.
- Resilience: Continuing to perform effectively when faced with time pressures, adversity, disappointment, or opposition. Remain focused, composed, and optimistic in difficult situations and bounces back from failures or disappointments.
Additional Skills to Set You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming preferred or equivalent year of experience
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in project management or an implementation role
- Minimum 2 years professional experience working with external clients in a customer support team environment
- EDI, ERP implementation, or integration experience a plus
- EDI industry knowledge and understanding preferred
- Knowledge of various file transfer protocols: AS2, FTP and VAN
- Knowledge of various EDI standards: ANSI X12 EDI, a plus
Requisition Number: 20002414
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join Our Talent Community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.