Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer (Ecommerce SaaS)
Requisition Number: 18002051
Location(s): US Epicor office
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
As a Senior Software Engineer – SaaS Ops - ECC he will join an initial team of three people, one in UK, one in US, and one in ITC. Team is to proactively manage and monitor all ECC hosted customers in Azure or within Epicor co-lo. Team will provide 24x5 cover for the ECC business
ECC is Epicor's go to market e-commerce strategy. ECC is sold as a SaaS product. A key to the growth is the effective delivery of SaaS services that allow our customer’s sites to grow and their businesses to be successful.
- Respond to Epic Care cases in the ECC-SAAS-DevOps group.
- Creation of new ECC VMs for new customers (USA & UK hosting centres / Azure).
- Creation of new ECC VMs for internal use.
- Upgrading Magento / ECC for hosted sites (usually on an as-requested basis).
- Monitoring of performance metrics for all sites using AppOptics / Pingdom, and following up if problems are found (either by digging into the issue or by passing to ECC support/ERP support/ECC dev teams).
- Evaluation of AppOptics / Pingdom and communicating with Solarwinds re issues / feature requests and so on.
- Attending weekly meetings with ECC support / ECC PS teams and any other performance related calls (either internal / customer).
- Ongoing maintenance of ECC VMs (operating system & security patches, etc.)
- Ensuring that hosted systems meet the requirements for the security team (e.g. correct versions of openssl, etc.)
- Ongoing performance tweaks to the MySQL/PHP configurations.
- Monitoring of the infrastructure (using Nagios XI).
- Making changes to the hosted (internal) and on premise (external) ECC installation scripts when necessary.
- Involvement in the Azure POC, including on-going discussions surrounding the best way to deploy ECC in that environment.
- Assisting PS teams when they have issues with on premise installations.
- Ensuring ECC backups for all hosted systems (i.e. nightly MySQL & Site folders) succeed.
- Maintain scripts used when restoring from these backups when customers need to rollback.
- Maintain/create a variety of other scripts that the SaaS Ops / Support teams use, such as to clone ECC sites.
- Linux/Ubuntu server administration
- Networking and Hardware configuration/troubleshooting
- General familiarity with LAMP/LAMP stack
- Familiarity with Azure hosting
- Experience with tools such as App Optics, New Relic or similar.
- eCommerce performance tuning
- Magento 2
- Automation scripts
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.