Solutions Engineer / Presales Consultant (ERP Software - Distribution)
Location: UK, Nationwide - Ability to work from home
Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
About the role:
As a Presales Consultant at Epicor, you will use your experience to provide assistance to the salesforce (direct and channel) offering an in-depth knowledge of the technical requirements and business use of our products in order to close sales opportunities.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct customer or prospect webinars
- Perform discovery sessions and workshops, uncovering business needs and drivers, and documenting the output
- Prepare for and conduct detailed demos along with the Sales team, either on-site or remotely
- Act as product expert in liaisons between the salesforce and the customer
- Act as an advisor to Product Managers to:
- Discuss and provide input to potential product development
- Test output from product development
- Provide business expertise by documenting processes and providing workflow analysis, in areas such as Distribution, Finance and Accounting and Manufacturing
- Provide input to proposals and tender responses
- Work with the Professional Services team to ensure that the project is correctly scoped and, at time of order, is handed over seamlessly
- This role will require approximately 50% travel, mainly domestic.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Strong/extensive experience of presales within the ERP industry would be beneficial
- Previous operational role in distribution or manufacturing industries
- Strong knowledge in distribution business processes and practice
- Experience in the following industries is an advantage: manufacturing and/or finance
- Excellence in giving customer presentations / demonstrations
Successful candidates may have worked for or had experience of the ERP products of SAP, Microsoft, Netsuite, Infor and Syspro.
Epicor employees work on site with customers across the UK. Ability to travel to customer sites with overnight stays is mandatory. Overseas travel is also sometimes required however it is expected that this role is UK based. Home working is also available when the tasks permit.
Join Our Talent Community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.