Hardware Installation Specialist
Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
About the Role:
We are seeking a high caliber individual to serve in a client delivery role to understand client challenges and design appropriate solutions. The individual will have a wide range of technology assessment, design, implementation and project management skills, as well as excellent teaming and communication skills combined with energy, drive and passion. It is important for this individual to thrive in situations that require complex problem-solving, be flexible with respect to work hours and travel, and versatile enough as a communicator to interact comfortably with people at all levels within our clients' organizations.
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of a customer’s infrastructure including site evaluations, servicing, installations, and repair of equipment/systems. Evaluates existing installations for operational efficiencies and potential business risks. Specifies hardware purchases and sells consulting engagements for infrastructure (servers and network), managed services (cloud and security), Point of Sale, and other related areas. Responsible for executing and billing of consulting services.
What You’ll Do:
- Provides deep subject matter expertise across multiple infrastructure areas
- Conducts technology reviews and audits to ensure all existing solutions are built to enterprise standards and meet business needs
- Keeps current with industry technology trends to identify solutions that may benefit our customers
- Identifies and evaluates future technology options to support technology growth and organization maturity
- Manage and administers technical issues for customers
- Works with Hardware Product Management in the selection of appropriate third-party vendors based on established qualifications
- Negotiates and writes proposals and statements of work for initiatives. Oversees and/or performs T&M work and ensures the appropriate billing occurs.
- Promotes security and data loss prevention strategies
- Periodically assesses customer environments and updates corporate records
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed:
- 3+ Years of experience within IT, preferably in a Support role
- Fundamental knowledge of computer hardware and components including Server technology, Networks, and Storage. Ideal candidates will have a background with Retail equipment including POS and Credit Card devices
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience (3 years of experience in lieu of a degree) (Minimum Required)
- Demonstrated ability planning, organizing and ability to work independently
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
- Strong Technical skills. Provides quality support with a high degree of customer service, product expertise and timeliness. Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and oversees repairs of defective equipment. Resolves issues with maintenance agreements and presents service offerings. Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology
- Strong Consulting skills. Analyze, identify gaps and develop recommendations to improve technology operations, infrastructure, and architecture related to business strategy and desired client future state. Review technical design, configuration and operational capabilities in areas such as servers, mobility, desktops, POS systems, information security, and disaster recovery
- Passion for Revenue Generation. This position will have a quota for generating revenue by proposing, selling, executing, and billing consulting projects.
- Strong Analytical skills. The ability to think critically and analyze information, find and solve difficult technical problems, and convey knowledge in easy to understand terms to non-technical decision makers.
- Strong people skills. This position will work with Customer Owners and Managers. You will cultivate close partnerships and vendor relationships necessary for peak business flexibility. Professionalism, patience, and an engaging demeanor are essential.
Join Our Talent Community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.