Job Title: Pre-Sales Solution Engineer-DocStar
Requisition Number: 18002267
DocStar, a division of Epicor Software Corporation, is a software developer that provides enterprise content management (ECM) and process automation solutions to streamline business processes for organizations of any size. DocStar solutions allow enterprises to gain control over its documents, improve retention and increase efficiency. DocStar integrates with most third party business application so organizations can achieve operational excellence with their core systems. Over 2,000 organizations depend on DocStar software from every industry including insurance, financial services, healthcare, real estate, manufacturing, legal, non-profit, education and the public sector.
Solution Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products and services. The Solution Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The Solution Engineer must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned sales opportunities to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The Solution Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships with both external prospects and internal sales staff, throughout the sales cycle as a reliable, dependable and competent resource. The Solution Engineer will need to collaborate with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed sales opportunities include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs based on current product functionality and feature set, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
- Provides technical sales support to sales opportunities assigned to the sales team, prioritized based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the sales manager.
- Performs solution discovery and proactively scopes the required technical solution to address customer requirements and assesses customers’ met and unmet needs to result in a recommendation for solutions that optimize value for both the customer and DocStar.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team-member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations
- Responsible for representing the product to prospective customers, customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams for product improvement
- Able to work with marketing, sales and product development teams to help create, communicate, and implement solutions to customer needs within new and existing vertical integration opportunities.
- Contribute to evaluation of competing products and technology, sharing data with Marketing and Research and Development as appropriate.
- Able to meet assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
- Able to travel throughout sales territory.
- At all times, maintain a level of professionalism that reflects positively on the company.
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in enterprise software sales, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and related technology. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. 3-5+ years relevant experience. Experience and familiarity with our industry and similar products a plus. A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computing Industry Certifications (e.g. CDIA+, MCSA, MCSE) or a related field is strongly preferred.
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.