Job Title: Resource Coordinator
Requisition Number: 18001989
Location(s): Remote, US
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
This individual is first and foremost a team player who must work across different functional & technical groups seamlessly. This individual is a detail oriented, self-starter who thrives on solving problems and building/improving streamlined processes within the Resource Management Office (RMO). The ideal candidate is a hardworking and highly organized professional, who has strong skills and experience in Resource Planning and Project Management. The RMO Coordinator must have effective communication skills and be comfortable working with all levels of the organization.
The Resource Coordinator will manage the Staffing and Resource Planning for one or more areas within the practice. The Resource Coordinator must understand the Epicor deployment methodology and take an organized approach to strategically fill the roles with an eye to practice development and resource optimization. The Resource Coordinator must have the ability to understand various functional, technical, and industry specific aspects and specialties within our projects to effectively staff resources and work with the team. The Resource Coordinator will also work very closely with the VP’s, Regional Consulting Managers and the Project Management Office (PMO) to grow the practice, ensure proper optimization of resources, and work strategically with our Partner community to staff subcontractors as necessary on our projects.
The scope of this role requires a seasoned professional having wide-ranging experience and is recognized as an individual contributor that uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Forecasting, scheduling and coordinating of professional services consultants for Epicor client engagements within assigned area of responsibility
- Schedule a staff of approximately 40-70 qualified consultants
- Effectively and efficiently coordinate consultant schedules by gaining a knowledge of the Epicor applications and related technologies. Includes learning the Epicor supported PSA systems, as well as a detailed understanding of the professional services engagement principles, tools, and methodologies
- Monitor weekly resource reporting – future staffing needs, availability (or bench) reporting, variance reports, and other metrics as required by management
- Responsible for third party resource scheduling and adherence to procedural policy
- Continually promoting and improving a positive working relationship with Professional Services/Project Management Office (PMO), providing implementation planning guidance
- Identify scarce skill needs and work with management/team members to fill scarce skill gaps as appropriate
- Support and assist consultants in the creation/updating of their Epicor formatted biographies
- Participate in and support Professional Services in people management activities and performance review feedback
- Assist with maximization of billable utilization
- Assist with training and education of Resource Management Office (RMO) processes for the field. Includes onboarding for new hires and ongoing education of RMO policies and procedures
- Ensure new PM’s/Consultants are trained and ramped on process, systems and tools that relate to the Resource Management function
- Identify risk areas i.e. supply/demand, over/under staffed, shortage of a specific skill and review these with internal stakeholders
- Contribute and implement ideas and action plans to improve the RMO planning and scheduling processes
BA/BS degree preferred
At least 3-5 years of experience in resource/project management, ERP environment
Working knowledge of resource management best practices and applying them to the role
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Ability to work independently and multi-task, in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
Excellent interpersonal skills and communicator. Convey thoughts clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. Presents ideas in a convincing and logical manner. Listens well and asks appropriate questions
Exercises sound judgment with respect to relative importance, priorities, time allocations, and resource requirements
Experience working with a progressive and evolving Services organization
Proficient in MS Office Suite and experience with Professional Services Automation (PSA) tools
Travel, very minimal, as needed
- Technical background, experience staffing technical resources or prior work supporting technical projects desired
- Resource Management Certified Professional (RMCP) certification preferred or desire to pursue
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corpEpicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.