Senior Solution Architect – ERP Software
Location: Bradford or Leeds Area
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic ERP Solutions Architect to join an established leading software company; to help lead the design, and development of a large multi -year ERP Program to a single Epicor customer. The ideal person will act as the ultimate authority on the architecture design to address a customer’s business problems. Provides direction for design, deployment and rollout activities either internally of at customer sites.
Act as trusted advisor to our customer, providing guidance through the complexity of requirements and solutions.
At each stage of the customer planning and implementation process be responsible for the translation of business requirements into specific designs decisions for Epicor ERP solutions. This includes
• Sales/Pre-Sales - Responsible for ensuring key design decisions will meet customer requirements and are reflected in implementation estimates.
• Professional Services - Work with consulting managers and teams to ensure implementation of the design intent established.
• Plan workload activity against deliverables and monitor progress effectively, in conjunction with the Project Manager.
• Lead in the problem-solving of issues through to resolution, providing considered consultancy and viable solutions to the customer.
• Understand and take into consideration, risks, costs, benefits and possibilities offered by customization vs. configuration when making decisions.
• Develop relationships with the aim of being a trusted advisor to customers and colleagues.
• Run workshops with the customer for requirements gathering, Fit/Gap analysis, solution design/definition, and design reviews.
• Work with the customer to define the project scope, and iterative plan for build and transition.
• Produce High Level Design Architecture, including the identification of Subsystems, integration points, and strategic solutions to meet customer requirements.
• Retain design authority over the production a detailed design from the High-Level Architecture
• Perform an account management role where required.
• Be proactive in developing internal processes and working with Product Management/Product Development to improve the capability of Epicor products.
• Act as the Technical Authority to Project scoping documentation.
• Responsible for Planning phase documentation.
• Contribute to technical aspects of issues, constraints and risk assessment documents
• Contribute to technical aspects of configuration management and deployment plan documents
• Contribute technical aspects of Build and Close phase plan documents
• Document technical customisations
• Accurately document software issues and enhancement requests
• Generate documentation on technical, functional and business process best practices
• Generate documentation for Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and Statements of work (SOW)
• Articulate a viable solution in response to an incoming Request for Proposal (RFP).
• Integrate Epicor functionality with external business processes and software, when designing Process solutions.
• Work with others to satisfactorily resolve technical, business and application process issues
• Design business processes to meet customer requirements.
• Defining business processes / re-engineering processes (BPR)
• Adhere to, promote, and contribute to ongoing development of Epicor project methodology – Signature
• Generate, or provide input into the creation of, technical and functional specifications and align these with standard templates.
• Understand, and provide the appropriate level of input to, project plans including project milestones and risk and issue management.
• Understand and be able to positively justify each project task and its relationship to the overall solution
• Where required, understand, participate in, or lead, the Value Exchange process
• Provide accurate and timely information to management team as required.
• Review technical implementation experiences with project delivery team.
• Contribute to the resource plan in conjunction with the project managers
• Keep in mind an overall understanding of the complete solution, so as to be able to advise where single changes can have multiple effects.
• Establish and build effective relationships with customers
• Demonstrate thought leadership and effectively influence key contacts
• Provide information and feedback to customers in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner ensuring that key messages are communicated effectively
• Act as a trusted advisor to the customer on technical & commercial aspects.
• Author, and support other team members in, the creation of Best Practice documents, Lessons Learned documents, White Papers, Internal Training, and Internal Process development
• Run team meetings and provide guidance to other team members
• Provide, where relevant, coaching, mentoring and guidance to others.
• Meet agreed utilisation targets and record hours and expenses in an accurate and timely manner
• Uphold the professional integrity of Epicor at all times
• Adhere to, and promote, all core internal and customer processes relating to the effective undertaking of the role
• Ensure that all communication channels within the business are adhered to.
• Where relevant, take a lead role over other architects, consultants, and engineers on technical project activities
• Provide input, advice, and thought leadership where appropriate to team meetings.
• Undertake any other duties required by the company.